Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Then and Later

Well, we celebrated 4th of July this past weekend and with the Holiday came another celebration...my ex-husband re-married.

I happened to be going through some old photo's when I reviewed some Cd's that had been created for back-up and found many pictures from when he and I were married, including video's from Christmas.

Thinking...well isn't this just the perfect day to reminisce about old days as we say farewell permanently to a dissolved twelve year relationship?

I guess the most prominent photo that caught my attention is this one of Desiree when she was about 6 to 8 months old. It made me think of how different my life is now versus that time and how little time has actually passed since then as she is only 3 1/2 years old now.

When we brought Desiree home from the hospital she was transported by Chevrolet Tahoe to my dream home. A 3000 square foot log home with a wrap around front porch, two living areas, formal dining, 3 bedrooms and a bonus room. All on 3 acres in a country setting just off of a dirt road with horses pastures all about. The nursery was prepared, everything appeared in order.

Having formally separated shortly after this picture was taken, the girls and I relocated to the city where Ryan switched schools and we moved into a 1400 sqaure foot condo. Turning over the Tahoe, I purchased a small car.

The material pocessions relinquished, financial security banished, safety unsecured....it took a lot of courage to do what I did. Ultimately, sacrificing everything for peace in our home whether it be a mansion or a shack...peace is priceless.

No comments: