Friday, July 1, 2016

Be Yourself, No Matter What the Cost

Sometimes when I first wake up a brilliant thought comes to mind immediately, or at least what I believe to be brilliant. Since I don't keep a paper and pen next to my bed, I grab my phone and send myself a text message because I know I will forget it later. Also, even though my two best friends adore me for my weirdness, even they would find a random text from me like that particularly odd...so I must send it to myself.

Anyway, later on when I wake up better and have more time I can think about it and write. I decided to start blogging again instead of just doing Facebook status updates. I'm a writer. It is what I love. If nobody reads it, I don't care. I've written nine books and have been encouraged to publish for profit but I don't want to. Its not from fear of rejection because believe me, I've endured plenty of that. In fact, that attributes partly to why I am not a coward and I am able to be genuinely myself. 

Which brings me to the thought I had the other morning, "If people do not learn how to be content with what they have, they will never be happy, no matter how much they ever get."

I realized this can apply to ALL matters in life including professional endeavors, personal relationships and self image.

What does it matter if you earn a six figure income, live in your dream home, have a perfect body and married to a really nice person who you raise lovely and talented children with, IF you are still running around like some mad person searching for a better, more desirable and more rewarding existence? 

I'll answer in Part II...




No comments: